OpenDNS is the leading provider of security and infrastructure services that make the internet safer through integrated Web contents filtering, ant-phishing and DNS.
OpenDNS services enable consumers and network administrators to secure their networks from online threats, reduce costs and enforce internet use policies. OpenDNS is used today by millions of people and organisations, accounting for a full 1% of the worlds Internet users.
- The fastest, most reliable DNS resolution available
- Lightweight cloud-based Web content filtering uniquely powered through the DNS
- The internets most timely and accurate phishing protection from Phishtank.com
- Robust security services including anti-malware and anti-botnet
- Innovative and customisable internet navigation services such as OpenDNS guide and address bar shortcuts
About the Company
OpenDNS was founded in late 2005 by DNS expert David Ulevitch with the singular goal of improving the internet. It is a growing, profitable company with financial backing from leading Silicon Valley venture firms Sequoia Capital and Greylock Partners. There are currently 14 data centres operated around the globe and the company is growing rapidly.
About the Service
OpenDNS is cloud based; all aspects of the service are managed via the web without an appliance. Over 30 million people actively use the service today equating to nearly 2% of the worlds internet users. The world’s most trusted brands including Fortune 500 companies and more than one in three US K12 schools choose OpenDNS. It is guaranteed 100% uptime with no outages. OpenDNS has services for every possible network configuration, including homes, schools and small businesses and globally distributed enterprises. OpenDNS created and operates Phishtank, a community based clearing house for phishing data. Phishtank is used to help OpenDNS block one million phishing attempts per month.